GUT HEALTH

Did you know that hormonal imbalances may be due to poor gut health?

The gut is home to billions of microorganisms. Of all the cells in our body, only 10% of them are human. The other 90% are actually bacteria. The gut also plays a major role in our hormones as well as immune system. With roughly 80% of our immune system living in our gut, optimizing your gut health is a fundamental principle at NMD Wellness of Scottsdale.

Digestive Health Work- Up

At NMD Wellness of Scottsdale, we believe in finding the root cause of your digestive symptoms, which is why, we complete comprehensive evaluations and diagnostic testing.

Testing:

  • Comprehensive Blood Work

  • Comprehensive GI MAP stool analysis.

    • The GI MAP stool test utilizes cutting edge, quantitative PCR technology to provide a true DNA/PCR based stools test. The GI pathogens investigated are not limited to only bacteria, parasites, and viruses, but also measures opportunistic organisms, normal flora, occult blood, fungi, gut inflammation, antibiotic resistance genes and digestive enzymes.

  • Food Sensitivity Testing (IgG, IgE)

  • Celiac Testing

  • Candida Testing (serum and stool)

Symptoms of Digestive Imbalance:

  • Gas and Bloating

  • Constipation

  • Diarrhea

  • Nausea/Vomiting

  • Heartburn

  • Mucus in stools

  • Incontinence

  • Abdominal Pain

  • Blood in stools

  • Abdominal Cramping

  • Fatigue

  • Undigested Food in Stools